We here at the Buda Area Chamber of Commerce (BACC) appreciate the hard work now underway to rebuild our local businesses and overcome the many hardships that the COVID-19 pandemic has created throughout our community. Working together is the best way to move forward and to achieve these goals that your Chamber firmly believes are attainable.
The emergence of the pandemic has brought significant changes not only just here in our community but also across the country. We have witnessed numerous declarations of both national and state emergencies, international travel restrictions, the cancellation of so many different events running the gamut of sports to music, etc., not to mention the rise of local COVID-19 cases coupled with a sudden and widespread emphasis on working from home to slow the spread of this harmful new virus.
Truly, we continue to live in a time of uncertainty and continual change, but together we will come out stronger. Your BACC Board of Directors and staff are committed to partnering with you through the duration of this pandemic and well into recovery.
To that end, we want you to know that the Chamber is working on behalf of our members in several ways:
- The Chamber Office has remained open during this time – and will continue to do so — to assist members, provide resources, offer information and to answer any questions you may have.
- We are keeping members informed about Buda’s Still Budaful Stimulus grant programs.
- We have increased our social media posts to encourage local businesses and to keep our members informed. While the information is ever-changing, we are doing everything we can to keep our social media page as up to date as possible.
- We created a new Facebook group, designed to support Buda’s many eating establishments, while informing Buda-area residents of their food options, including specifics about which businesses are providing Take Out, Curb Side and Delivery services. You can join this group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1506517672841295/?epa=SEARCH_BOX
- Due to the incredible success of our Take Out and Delivery group, we have started a new group for retail stores and other area businesses. Now, those businesses can post how to access their respective products and services. This group page is also a resource for people who are looking to shop local. You can join this page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/555580578406836/
- Figuring out how to “meet” without being able to get together in-person has proved challenging. However, the Chamber is overcoming that obstacle by having virtual meetings with our members whenever possible. We have even started having our Monthly Luncheons as well as Coffee and Connections utilizing teleconferencing platforms.
- We have launched a fact-driven COVID-19 resource pages on our Chamber website: https://budachambertx.com/
- Your Buda Area Chamber is actively involved in state and national webinars where we can obtain the latest information and resources available that, in turn, we can share with all of you, our members.
As always, we welcome your feedback through calls and emails as to how we can be of assistance.
And, while we know that this situation will cause financial stress to many small businesses, please know that we want to continue to partner with you through this time. Your membership investment is vital in making your Buda Area Chamber of Commerce an effective and productive business organization that will – along with all of you — help shape the future of our community. Please know – above all — that our team is committed to offering resources, being responsive and flexible during this time.
If you have any questions about your membership or are interested in any of our Chamber programs and opportunities, please contact the Chamber office at 512-295-9999 or email us at email@example.com .