Membership Events, Programs, and Benefits
As a member of the Buda Area Chamber of Commerce (BACC). You will be part of our dynamic and growing business organization. The BACC offers members a wide range of benefits, services, programs, and information.
- Annual Gala and Awards Banquet: The Annual Gala and Awards Banquet is held in March to recognize businesses, individuals and volunteers who have excelled during the previous year. The Annual Gala and Awards Banquet is the most attended event of the year.
- Annual Membership Meeting: The Annual Membership Meeting, held in July, is combined with a members’ only complimentary luncheon catered by LongHorn Steakhouse. Members receive updates on programs, financial status and an overview. Any changes to the by-laws or action items requiring a vote by the full membership, are conducted at this meeting.
- Buda Market in the Park: This is a new event to Buda. The first Saturday of April through September the Chamber will host Market in the Park in the downtown greenbelt. These market days will promote local farmers, artisans, antique dealers, businesses, musicians and food.
- Fajita Fiesta and Cook Off: Held during the last weekend of September the Chamber throws quite the fiesta. Come together with local businesses in support of friendly competition and indulge your taste buds in the flavors of Texas.
- Monthly Luncheons: Each month on the second Wednesday, members and guests join together to network and receive updates on issues and/or activities that may affect your business.
- Ribbon Cuttings: All new members are encouraged to schedule a ribbon cutting ceremony. These events are publicized in the Chamber’s e-newsletter, promoted on Facebook and the BACC web site. Ribbon cuttings are available to new members, businesses that expand, relocate or come under new ownership.
- BACC TALK: The Chamber’s weekly Podcast covers local news, events, business, chamber news and community activities. Listening is easy, just select the program on the Chamber web site and click, the rest will take care of itself. You can also hear BACC TALK episodes on SoundCloud and iTunes. BACC TALK is produced by Hays County Radio.
- Business After Hours: When your workday is jam packed, this is a great opportunity to network after hours. Come meet Chamber members and others in the community after hours.
- Business Educational Workshops: Each month a new topic is introduced giving Chamber members the fixability to pick and choose the topics that best benefit them. Each of these workshops and/or seminars are facilitated by experts in their field.
- Business to Business: This high-speed networking event, similar to speed dating, is held twice a year. Businesses to Business sessions allows Chamber members the opportunity to meet face to face 40 to 50 other business owners and decision makers in one day.
- Candidate Forums: Each year, prior to city elections, the Chamber hosts a candidate’s forum. This forum is held in City Hall and open to the public to meet and learn about the candidates and their positions on business and city issues.
- Coffee and Connections: Networking with a caffeine kick! Each month on the third Wednesday at 7:30 AM Chamber members are invited to enjoy a cup of coffee and network. This is great for the members who may not be able to attend the monthly luncheon or Business After Hours event(s); some members just prefer mornings.
- Industry Round Tables: An opportunity for businesses in the same industry to come together to share ideas, collaborate and let the Chamber know how to better serve their industry.
- New Member Orientation: The Chamber hosts a New Member Orientation, as needed, to introduce new members to one another and an opportunity to meet the Chamber’s leadership. New members also receive a presentation of all Chamber activities, programs and opportunities.
- Professional Development Workshops: Every quarter members will have the opportunity to attend a developmental workshop to help enhance their professional skillsets and improve their professional knowledge, competence and business effectiveness.
Benefits of Membership
- Advertising Opportunities: All eyes are on the internet. This new medium of education and entertainment has revolutionized the economy and brought many individuals and companies success. Social media and banner advertising are of the most popular forms of internet advertising, jump on board. Chamber members can advertise on the podcast, web site, Facebook page and/or electronic e-newsletters or go more conventional and advertise in the Chamber’s business directory, city maps or event signage.
- Advocacy: Members together as a Chamber work closely with local, state and federal government on issues that affect their businesses or can benefit our community and the city’s quality of life.
- Award Winning Chamber Web Site: Your Chamber web site is the catalyst for commerce for Buda, Texas area businesses. Each member receives a webpage within the Member Directory on the Chamber’s web site. Simply send us your information and we will include a link to your own web site! This is a valuable service that includes a keyword search capability that provides you with online presence and can help your company’s web site ranking.
- Brochure and Collateral Material Display: Members may display flyers and/or brochures along with their business cards at the Chamber office.
- Business Referrals: As Buda continues to grow, those new to the area contact the Chamber for recommendations/referrals for local businesses. As a member, you are promoted to those seeking your type of business, product or service.
- Economic and Demographic Information: The Chamber serves as a reference resource for members when they seek the latest statistical and demographic information for business planning purposes.
- Membership Directory: All members are listed in the Chamber’s Membership Directory that is printed annually, which is used as a guide of recommended businesses for newcomers, residents, as well as local and out-of-town businesses. However, as soon as you become a member you are automatically listed in the online Member Directory that is accessed through the Chamber web site.
- Weekly Chamber Updates: We update our Chamber members weekly in the form of the Buda Broadcast e-newsletter each Tuesday. These electronic updates include upcoming events such as After-Hours Mixers, Ribbon Cuttings and any other events occurring in and around town. You may also submit community events you yourself have upcoming for distribution via the broadcast.