The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
Still Budaful Stimulus Program – www.stillbudaful.org.
The Buda City Council authorized the local economic development program authorized under Chapter 380 of the Texas Local Government Code to help reduce the resulting economic strain on local businesses. The total contributions between the City of Buda and Buda Economic Development Corporation amount to over $485,000, allowing eligible businesses to apply for the following assistance programs:
• Still Budaful Stimulus Grant – provides up to $5,000 in grants to qualifying small businesses, located in Buda, with less than 50 employees severely impacted as a result of the ‘Stay at Home, Work Safe’ Order.
• Hotel Occupancy Tax Payment Emergency Deferral + Forgiveness Program – provides a 60-day deferral and an additional offering of up to $5000 forgiveness of hotel occupancy tax payments to Buda hotels severely impacted as a result of the ‘Stay at Home, Work Safe’ Order
• Buda Emergency Co-Marketing Grant – provides 100% reimbursement, up to $50 per month, for a two-month maximum to tourism-related businesses severely impacted as a result of the ‘Stay at Home, Work Safe’ Order.
To apply or for more information go to – www.stillbudaful.org.
IRS Tax Return Deadline
All Americans now have until July 15, 2020, to file their federal income tax returns for 2019 and pay any tax they may owe. The deferral is automatic — you don’t need to file any forms or call the IRS to qualify for the new deadline.
Filing and Payment Deadlines Questions and Answers
Additional Update and Resources
The Department of Health and Human Services
- HHS Announces Upcoming Funding Action to Provide $186 Million for COVID-19 Response (HERE)
- Mitigate Absenteeism by Protecting Healthcare Workers’ Psychological Health and Well-being (HERE)
U.S. Department of Labor
- Published New OSHA Poster Aimed at Reducing Workplace Exposure to the Coronavirus (HERE) English/Español
- Issues Guidance for Respirators Certified Under Other Countries’ Standards During COVID-19 Pandemic (HERE)
- Publishes Guidance on Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (HERE)
U.S. Department of Education
- Secretary DeVos Authorizes New Funding Flexibilities to Support Continued Learning During COVID-19 National Emergency (HERE)
U.S. Small Business Administration